Friday, March 23, 2012

the cry

>A thick presence disorients the truth that holds me together. It
>suffocates as the oppression of this life over takes me. It is to much
>for my weak will. It was the good that was placed in me in my infancy
>that my compromise crumbled. I was once the voice of hope that has been
>overcome by the words of false prophets. It's the love I once felt that
>has been forgotten by the lust that I called home. It is the lie the
>lie that keeps me stuck and confused. I see without eyes and feel
>without touch. I am numb and left open for the wolves to take. I don't
>understand what I say and forget what I know. I was once a beacon of
>hope now I am the nameless face with the words that come out then
>disappear. I want more. I need more. I need to believe again. I need
>life in me. I need to be restored and called out. I need to love those
>that love and forgot those that just take. I need to stand on my two
>feet and walk towards something instead of running to nowhere. I need
>definition by a holy hand instead of becoming a shapeless nothing. I
>need the fire that once burned to inflame my disgusting life. I am lost
>and in need of a guide. I am weak and in need of strength. I give
>everything but my everything holds the weight of nothing. I am an empty
>vessel crying out to be filled. For is that not why I was created? To
>bring drink to the thirty and clothes to the naked. How did  I become so deceived. How is my understanding on this world so skewed that I call white black and lust love.
>My down is up and I shed no tears for the loss of my humanity. I was
>born divine and through the journey I have taken will die forgotten.
>For I plant barren seeds in the field of selfishness and deceit. One
>day I will find the path in which my journey truly begins, until that
>day I cry out for your undeserved grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment